Thank you for choosing to work with us! Let’s get started.
1. Set your appointment
If you haven’t already, please contact us to set up an appointment at a time and office location convenient for you.
2. Request your dental records
Next, request any x-rays and medical records you may have from your prior dental practice. We are happy to provide a medical release form to request your records if needed.
3. Arrive for your first appointment
Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to your first appointment to complete paperwork and bring:
- Your medical records
- A list of medications you are presently taking
- Your insurance information (see below for insurance accepted)
4. Your initial exam
Then, we’ll be ready for your initial exam. Here’s what you can expect:
- A review of your dental history and records
- A brief discussion about any issues you may be having and any health or cosmetic dental goals you may have
- 3D X-rays (if needed)
- A full examination of your oral health
- A treatment plan that works for you
Apex Dental Insurance is in-network with the following insurance companies:
- Delta Dental
- Blue Cross Blue Shield MA
- Cigna PPO
- GEHA Connection Dental Federal Plan (This plan includes Aetna, Altus, Ameritus, Guardian, Lincoln, Metlife, Sunlife, Reliance Care, United Health, United Concordia, UNUM)
- Teamsters Dental Plans
If your insurance company is not listed here, or you’re not sure what in-network means, please give us a call. We’re happy to check into your benefits to determine if we can service you through your insurance plan.
Payments methods accepted
- Cash & Checks
- Credit Cards – Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover
- Care Credit – 0% plans for up to 12 months
- Lending Club – Long term patient financing solutions