Unlike removable devices such as dentures which can be taken out and cleaned daily, crowns and bridges are permanent, cemented onto existing teeth or implants.
How do crowns work? A crown is used to entirely cover or “cap” a damaged tooth. They are made of porcelain-based material or porcelain-fused-to-gold material.
We offer same day crowns in our Florence office. Crowns traditionally require multiple visits to the dentist, a two to three-week turnaround time for the permanent crown, and a temporary restoration in the meantime. Using the CEREC system, Dr. Darabi, a trained specialist, designs and manufactures ceramic tooth restorations while patients wait.
Same Day Crown Technology
Dr. Darabi offers cutting-edge innovation featuring the CEREC CAD/CAM system, which allows the design and development of a customized crown in a single appointment. It uses modern CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing) technologies, incorporating a camera, medical grade computer and milling machine in one smooth process.
Benefits of Same-Day Crowns
For our patients, same-day crowns provide a host of benefits:
- Less time in the chair and less discomfort
- Only one visit to the dentist for the procedure
- Predictable, high-quality results
- No need for a temporary tooth
- Long lasting and extremely durable
What to Expect
The entire process, on average, lasts about 2 hours. The steps are as follows:
- Darabi will remove any decayed tissue or defective fillings.
- A 3D image of the tooth is then created using a CEREC camera.
- The restoration is designed and displayed on the monitor of the CEREC unit.
- The CEREC milling unit mills the custom restoration out of a ceramic block we have in office.
- Once completed and polished, the milled restoration is bonded directly to your tooth.
If you have any questions about our services, or to set up an appointment, please contact us at (413) 589-0255 (Ludlow), (413) 782-6777 (Springfield), (413) 863-2296 (Turners Falls), or (413) 570-4881 (Florence).